Gratitude (Kataññutā) Meditation by Bhante Dr. G. Chandima (June 15, 2024) Skip to main content

Gratitude (Kataññutā) Meditation by Bhante Dr. G. Chandima (June 15, 2024)

 


1. Start by choosing a comfortable seat.

Sit upright and not too tight.

Hands rest wherever they are most comfortable.

Tongue on the roof of your mouth.

2. Scan your body from the inside to determine its weight, shape, size, and other parameters. Please make sure not to attach to the body.

3. Taking a deep breath will help to relax your body and relieve any tightness or tension.

4. Wacth your breath as they arise, remain, and depart. Make sure not to watch a few breaths at once. Observe one breath at a time. Try to watch another breath only after you're done with the first one.

5. Now, let’s shift the calmness of the breath toward the gratitude.

- First, "I'm grateful to the entire universe."

-I am grateful to the world.

- I am grateful to my parents

-I am grateful to my siblings

-I am grateful to my wife, husband, children, and family.

-I am grateful for my teachers

- I am grateful for the opportunities I have had in my life, education, travel and work experience

-I am grateful for my health

I am grateful for my wisdom

I am grateful for the water I drink, the food I eat, and the air I breathe in.

6. Let’s go deeper into the experience of gratitude through a short visualization.

Feel free to think of someone you care deeply about to start. A parent. Partner. Child. Or a close friend. Think about them in your mind. And think back to a time when you felt especially close to this person. The time of this event could be very recent or very long ago. Take a moment to remember this special moment of bonding. Don't forget where you were. Think about the place, the people, the time of day, the scene, and anything else you can think of.

7. See if you can go back to what you were feeling in that moment. 

Love being present, being happy, or having a real relationship. Pay attention to any thoughts or feelings that come up in your mind and body. Finally, try not to judge anything. Good or bad. Do not think too much. Just letting the feelings that come up come and go.

Comments